The course offers the practitioner a simple and practical framework and includes consideration of the following step by step approach to supporting the development of social skills and emotional well being (EWB):
• Barriers to development of social skills/EWB
• Assessment of social skills
• Involving the child in the assessment process, supporting them to consider the social situation they would like to find easier
• Practical strategies, social skills training, recognising strengths and script writing
• Planning programmes to meet need
Practitioners will take away a comprehensive pack (hardcopy and CD), ready to use with the children they support.
Audience: The course is suitable for any professional working with children and young people with visual impairment or SEND, family support workers, Habilitation Workers.
Date of Course: - Tuesday 6th June 2017
Length of training session: 9.30am – 3.30 pm (including refreshments) (Registration from 9.00am)
Cost of training per delegate: £100.00
Venue for training : Tunmarsh Centre, Tunmarsh Lane, London, E13 9NB
Booking deadline: 22nd May 2017
Positive Eye: Gwyneth McCormack, a qualified teacher of children with visual impairments and director of Positive Eye with many years of experience of supporting schools to include a child with visual impairment in their setting.
Booking a place on the course:
To book your place on the course please visit the web page www.positiveeye.co.uk/practical-courses/social-skills