020 8523 4833
Joseph Clarke School (part of the Whitefield Academy Trust) has an excellent reputation for VI education that draws pupils aged 3-19 from 12 different London Boroughs, Essex and Hertfordshire. It has spaces for 100 pupils, and is currently expanding to 140 places. This is an exciting time to join as we are an expanding school and have just moved into a fantastic new building which is part of a redevelopment programme.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Habilitation Officer to encourage and maximise the independence, inclusion and achievement of children and young people with sight loss, in education and within their community. You will undertake assessment of the mobility and independence needs of children and young people attending Joseph Clarke School.
The post involves visits to schools, families and education settings.
You will need
• To hold a recognised Rehabilitation Officer qualification for Visual Impairment
• To have experience of working with families with children with disabilities.
• Experience of planning and delivering mobility programmes to people with sight loss
We can offer
• Mentor support from an experienced practitioner
• Support for on-going professional development
• Opportunity to support Rehabilitation Officers in training
Salary details: Grade PO1 Scale Point 33 - Salary £30,861pa
Start date: From September 2017
Please contact Joseph Clarke School if you wish to find out more. Telephone: 020 8523 4833 Email:School@josephclarke.waltham.sch.uk
To download an application form:
Whitefield is uncompromising in its commitment to safeguarding children and young people.
• Closing date: 2nd June 2017
• Interview date: Week commencing - 19th June 2017
• Outer London Weighting applies