Specialist Teacher for Vision Impaired Children -1.0FTE
Tel: 0116 3059400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: Main Scale (UPS if applicable) + 2 SEN points for appropriate qualifications and experience
Base: County Hall, Glenfield, Leicester LE38RA
From September 2018 or January 2019
Leicestershire Vision Support Service has an opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed Teacher. The post involves working with families, schools and early years settings across Leicestershire to support positive outcomes for visually impaired children and young people aged 0-25. We welcome applications from Qualified or part qualified Teachers of the Visually Impaired or teachers with SEND qualifications or experience/ strong interest of working with visually impaired children and their families and who have a willingness to undertake the mandatory two year training.
The service comprises a team of QTVIs, Assistive Technology Tutors and Technicians. The post would involve providing support and advice to visually impaired children and young people and their families, across Leicestershire in home, early years and school settings (specific roles dependent on experience). The post holder will have a strong commitment to empower and build capacity within schools and settings to allow them meet the needs of visually impaired children and young people.
• Qualified Teacher Status with ideally the additional mandatory qualification in vision impairment and/or further training in the field of special educational needs and disability
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Understanding and experience of meeting the needs of children with vision Impairment in pre school/School/College settings
• An understanding of, and commitment to, Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding Children and the ability to apply this to strategic work and day-to-day situations
• Access to a vehicle and ability to travel to families and children across the County.