Colchester Royal Grammar School, an Essex selective boys grammar school, is looking to recruit a Qualified Teacher of the Vision Impaired from September 2018. The successful applicant will lead the support for a Year 9 braillist with significant visual impairment, in collaboration with teaching and support staff.
Fixed term for as long as the named student is at the school (currently Year 8).
15 hours a week, term time only.
• hold a Mandatory Qualification in VI
• be able to use a Perkins Brailler/ Humanware BrailleNote Touch/an embosser
• be able to reproduce accurate tactile diagrams, charts, maps, plans and pictures
• have excellent IT skills
• be able to take the lead role in advising, training and supporting our specialist LSA and teaching staff
• be able to produce appropriate resources to support a student in a high-achieving secondary setting in the GCSE years and beyond
• be able to establish excellent working relationships with the student, parents and staff
For further information please visit www.crgs.co.uk/128/vacancies or contact Mrs Sophie Ferguson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Job description, Person Specification and Application form available online by visiting: https://bit.ly/2M9OWg5
Applications must be received by midday on the closing date. Please send completed application forms to email@example.com
Vacancy Closing Date: 02/07/2018