020 8531 3426
Training available to suitable candidates.
Teacher for Children with a Vision Impairment. Outer London Main/Upper pay scale, Plus 1 or 2 SEN points (depending on qualifications and experience). Initial 1 year contract
We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher with experience of working with children and young people with a vision impairment. Candidates should hold the QTVI qualification or be willing to train for this specialist qualification to join our multidisciplinary outreach service. You’ll be part of a friendly, expert team which works with mainstream schools in local boroughs to ensure that their pupils with vision impairment receive the very best education.
As an outreach teacher you will:
• travel to mainstream schools, to offer tailored advice and support for staff working with vision-impaired students
• help provide whole school training and individual staff training covering best practice and the latest ideas and guidance.
• work with students with vision impairment including those learning or using Braille
• support parents and carers
• work in partnership with other agencies
Own transport is a necessity. Any questions email: For any questions email: Geraldine O’Grady. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 020 8531 3426.
Download an application form from our website: http://www.whitefield.org.uk/jobs or telephone the Human Resources Department for an application form and further details, at Macdonald Road, Walthamstow, London, E17 4AZ, Tel: 020 8531 3426. Email application forms to: Personnel@whitefield.waltham.sch.uk
The Vision Impairment Outreach Service is part of the Whitefield Academy Trust, which runs Whitefield Schools and Joseph Clarke School. The Service is based in the Academy’s Research and Development Centre and has strong links with Joseph Clarke School – a centre of expertise in London South East England for teaching pupils who are vision impaired and/or have