Team Leader - Visual Impairment Team
Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council, Children and Young Peoples Services
Commissioning, Performance & Quality
Based at: Kimberworth Place, Rotherham
Salary details: L 5-9 £26,463 - £29,212
Job details: 19.5 Hours, Part Time, Permanent
We are delighted to offer a rare opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Teacher of Children and Young People with Vision Impairment (QTVI) to lead a team of specialist staff providing support for children and young people with Visual Impairment in schools and settings across Rotherham. The highly regarded Visual Impairment Team works in partnership with families, early years providers, schools and settings, supporting the educational, social and emotional needs of visually impaired children and young people.
• Already be a Qualified Teacher of Children and Young People with Vision Impairment
• Have experience of working with children and young people with visual impairment in a school or specialist centre
• Be ambitious to build on and develop provision for children and young people with a visual impairment across Rotherham
• Have good leadership skills which you wish to further develop in this post
• Be able to demonstrate a child and young person centred approach and have excellent communication skills with parents, staff and other stakeholders.
Rotherham Children’s Services are under a new leadership team who are committed to moving rapidly towards delivering outstanding services. This includes an Inclusion Department with a new strategic lead in place to further develop the good practice in Rotherham.
Are you an enthusiastic, innovative practitioner who inspires others and is:
• Committed to raising outcomes for all children irrespective of special educational or additional needs?
• Committed to multiagency working to provide an holistic response to the needs of children and families?
• Able to provide calm and inspiring leadership to a hard working team?
• Interested in working in close partnership with families to support positive outcomes through highly personalised approaches?
• Interested in being part of a team of skilled and committed staff, who actively promote the inclusion of all children and young people?
If the answer to the above is YES we look forward to hearing from you.
For informal discussion please contact Caroline Wheatley, Service Leader: Inclusion Support Services on (01709) 334077 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Closing date: 20 March 2019
Provisional interview date: Tuesday 26th March 2019
For more information about the above post Click Here, or to see our full range of job opportunities and apply online, take a look at our website https://rotherham-jobsonline.co.uk/