Liverpool City Council is looking to recruit a Habilitation Officer. The successful applicant will be required to assist in the support and inclusion of visually impaired pupils within the home and a variety of education settings.
Salary: per Year Min 23836 Max 27905 In GBP
The post holder will be supporting blind and visually impaired pupils and deliver visual awareness training in schools and to other agencies.
As part of the role you will carry out environmental audit of schools and homes. Support children in developing mobility and independence skills appropriate to their age and stage of development. Working with parents/carers of pre-school visually impaired children to develop pre-mobility skills.
Our vision for children, young people and families is: All our children and young people enjoy the best possible quality of life and reach their full potential.
The Director for Children and Young Peoples Services and his team are committed to supporting and motivating an experienced, stable and skilled workforce to ensure we deliver this vision for our children and families.
Why work in Liverpool:
• World class culture, media and sport offers
• One of the world’s most distinctive and creative cities, in top 40 visitor destinations in the world
• European Capital of Culture in 2008 – massive range of events planned for 2019 celebrations
• Visitor economy £4.3bn, welcomed over 62m visitors and supports over 51,500 jobs
• World Heritage Site and home to the world’s largest harbour
This is a full time post but a term time contract would be considered for the successful applicant.
Closing Date: 20/06/2019
To apply, please visit: http://lccjobs.liverpool.gov.uk/details.aspx?id=P1LFK026203F3VBQBV77VF6FT&nPostingID=5464&nPostingTargetID=42545&mask=lccext&lg=UK