Colchester Royal Grammar School, an Essex selective boys grammar school, is looking to recruit a Qualified Teacher of the Vision Impaired from September 2019. The successful applicant will lead the support for a Year 9 braillist with significant visual impairment, in collaboration with teaching and support staff.
Fixed term for as long as the named student is at the school (currently Year 9)
15 hours a week, Teacher’s Pay and Conditions + SEN allowance
• hold a Mandatory Qualification in VI
• be able to use a Perkins Brailler/ Humanware BrailleNote Touch/an embosser
• be able to reproduce accurate tactile diagrams, charts, maps, plans and pictures
• have excellent IT skills
• be able to take the lead role in advising, training and supporting our specialist LSA and teaching staff
• be able to produce appropriate resources to support a student in a high-achieving secondary setting in the GCSE years and beyond
• be able to establish excellent working relationships with the student, parents and staff
Closing date: 8 July 2019 – 9am
To download a job description, person specification and application form, please visit www.crgs.co.uk/128/vacancies
For further information please contact Mrs Sophie Ferguson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.