Clarion Interpreting Ltd are recruiting qualified Specialist Notetakers and Qualified Teachers of the Visually Impaired (QTVI) or Specialist Support Professionals (SSP) based in Staffordshire near Keele University and with over 17 years of sustained growth and new contracts securing significant business for many years to come, this is a great time to join our team.
At Clarion, our Vision is that Deaf and disabled people get the best interpreting & Specialist Support Services, in the right place, at the right time, throughout life.
Contract Type: Freelance - Part or Full time
Overall purpose of role
We are looking for Specialist Notetakers and QTVIs or SSPs (VI) to work on our Education bookings. Your role will be to provide an assessment and training to support students with orientation to/from and around campus with confidence and in safety. You will have the ability to be sensitive to the needs of the individuals you are working for.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Provide comprehensive support to the individual.
• A flexible approach to working hours is required.
• Effective administration (i.e. submitting timesheets and invoicing correctly and in a timely manner.
• You will be expected to represent Clarion in a professional manner, this includes adhering to our policies regarding confidentiality and safeguarding.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• All applicants must meet the mandatory criteria as detailed by DSA-QAG
• An Enhanced DBS valid in the last 3 years.
• Be registered with HMRC as self-employed or be willing to obtain a UTR through HMRC.
Please contact us for full details of the qualifications necessary.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting and highly rewarding role, then please email your latest CV to Clarion’s Supply Chain Administrator, Kelly Ashford who will guide you through the registration process.
The closing date is 27th September
Job Types: Freelance