Bader Academy, Doncaster, South Yorkshire
Post: Visual Impairment Teaching Assistant
37 hours per week
Hours can be flexible and scale to be agreed dependent on experience.
Commencing: September 2020
Do you have these core traits to be a successful change maker and teacher at Bader Academy?
We are proud and excited to be opening a brand new special academy in September 2020 called Bader, based in Doncaster. You can help create a forward thinking, innovative culture where pupils and staff can truly flourish.
Bader is being developed to meet the needs of children and young people, aged 5-19, who have an Education, Health and Care Plan with a primary diagnosis of Communication and Interaction Difficulties.
Our ambition and yours will be that Bader becomes a centre of excellence for both the specialist provision and for promoting the latest inclusive practices across education.
Our children at Bader deserve an education that will change their lives and give them the opportunity to fulfil their potential. Staff employed in our academy Trust enjoy a fulfilling career and we focus on releasing your potential and maximising your impact.
Nexus Multi Academy Trust was founded in 2016 and has the highest ambitions possible for everyone we work with.
The vision for Nexus is that we are constantly “Learning together; to be the best we can be.”
This vision is what we aspire to and is as relatable to every employee and partner of our Trust as it is to our children, young adults and their families
We require a TA with specialist skills to support a visually impaired student on a one to one basis;
• Experience in delivering specialist vision impairment curriculum activities
• Ability to deliver plans produced by qualified teachers, within an agreed system of supervision and the ability to adapt them as necessary for children and/or young people with vision impairment
• Experience of working with parents and families
• The ability to read and write in Braille to at least a uncontracted level
• An ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of partners including children, young people, parents, colleagues and other professionals
• An inclination to be self-reflective in order to improve own performance and to contribute to the development of the wider Service
What we can offer in return:
• An excellent opportunity for a Teaching Assistant to develop their career with brand new school.
• The opportunity for training and development – both through within school and access to networks across Nexus
• A chance to make a difference to some of the most vulnerable children in the learning system.
The date of commencement for this post will be autumn 2020. Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: Sunday 28th June
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We strongly recommend that you visit us so that we can talk with you about this unique and career-defining opportunity and you will have a chance to see what we have to offer.
For an informal and confidential conversation about the role, to arrange a visit and for an application pack, please contact our Recruitment Partner Heather Christmas, Recruitment Lead for the Doncaster Area.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
For more information and to apply, please go to: http://www.nyresourcing.co.uk/bader-academy/