1. International Community of Sparkly Story Writers. The 2nd meeting was held yesterday. This is a community coming together to write simple, accessible stories for families of children with complex learning needs anywhere around the world to download and enjoy together. Our Sparkly Library is building. It is a collaboration between Gwyn McCormack Positive Eye UK and Dr Donna Carpenter - Kentucky Statewide Coordinator Deafblind Project. We welcome any educator or associated professional and parents who would like to join this community and write very simple stories. The ones written so far are brilliant. We would also like to encourage children to write for other children and welcome the establishment of local Young Sparkly Story Writing networks. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining this community to write stories with us! (Imagine if every educator wrote one story.....we would have millions for the library.)
2. 1st International Positive Looking Virtual Network Event - join this exciting event on the 25th September. We are building a Positive Looking Community Network including a library of resources (similar to the Sparkly Library), We would love to welcome you if you use Positive Looking or would like to listen to others who use this programme. Positive Looking is now being embedded across schools in the UK, America, Australia and Iceland. https://www.positiveeye.co.uk/our-products/positive-looking-network/
Watch out for the 1st International Positive Looking Conference taking place on Iceland next October 2022.
3. The next opportunity to take the Positive Looking Course (online) starts in September. Here is the link to book your place. https://www.positiveeye.co.uk/our-products/positive-looking-online-training/
4. A highly practical course for new staff working with children with VI: Practical Know-How: Basic skills to support a child with vision impairment/loss in your class. A four x 1.5 hr session course https://www.positiveeye.co.uk/our-products/practical-know-how-basic-skills-to-support-a-child-with-vision-impairment-loss-in-your-class/
5. A special Story Time Show presented by Gwyn McCormack at the invitation of HABA USA toy company. This event takes place on Monday 30th August 2021. A wonderful event which promotes inclusive Story Time for all children including those with complex learning needs. More information and book your free ticket here: https://www.habausa.com/story-time