Mobility Trainer – across the UK, Freelance

Contact Information
Contact TERRASupport
More Information

Contact Information
Phone: 07834728194

Location: across the UK at various Further and Higher Education Providers

More Information:

Terra is looking for Mobility Trainers to support our visually impaired students at the Universities across the UK.

The position is freelance and works around mutual flexibility between you and students. The students are allocated certain amount of hours to be exhausted within each academic year they attend the HEI.

To apply for this role you must hold one of the mandatory qualifications listed below OR professional body membership for either of two organisations stated below.

Mandatory Qualification:

1. BSc / BSc (Hons) Degree in Rehabilitation Work (Visual Impairment)

2. PG Dip in Habilitation and Disabilities of Sight (Children and Young People) (Note: successful completion of the Graduate Diploma, followed by a probationary year, is a registration requirement of the UK Habilitation Professional Body, Habilitation VI UK.)

3. Certification in Habilitation Studies

4. Foundation Degree in Rehabilitation Work (Visual Impairment)

5. Diploma in Higher Education in Rehabilitation Studies (Visual Impairment)

6. BTEC Professional Diploma in rehabilitation studies (visual impairment)

7. Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care in Rehabilitation Studies (Visual Impairment)

8. Habilitation Work – Working with Children and Young People – Top Up Degree - BSc (Hons)

9. Habilitation and Disabilities of Sight Graduate Diploma Course at ULC Institute of Education (IOE).

10. Graduate Diploma in Low Vision Rehabilitation

11. Combined Mobility Officer and Technical Officer Certificate

12. Original Certificate in Rehabilitation Work (Note: proof required of relevant work undertaken that is applicable to helping HE students.)

National Occupational Standards (sensory standards) qualifications. Note: Qualifications must be relevant to providing orienteering training to disabled students. Rehabilitation Workers are trained to broad criteria laid out within the Sensory Services National Occupational Standards (NOS). The NOS were published in 2008 by Skills for Care and are available on its website. Four of the eleven standards relate directly to rehabilitation work and working with deafblind people. Standard nine is the most relevant to defining the skill-set of rehabilitation work.

Professional Body membership

1. Rehabilitation Workers Professional Network (RWPN) (Note: Full or Associate Membership, and proof of relevant work undertaken that is applicable to helping HE students).

2. Habilitation VI UK (Note: must have proof of relevant work undertaken that is applicable to helping HE Students)

To apply send your CV. If you would like more information please email or text to 07834728194 book a call back.

AdSense code
This Ad has been viewed 12 times.