Whether you are a QTVI or in training, a VI teaching assistant or Habilitation specialist, or work in a role supporting children and young people with vision impairment, by joining VIEW you become a member of the professional membership association for QTVIs, and the wider VI education workforce.
- VIEW is a registered charity, and we exist to help you support the education, development and opportunities of children with vision impairment.
- We are a leading voice representing the interests of children and young people with VI, championing best practice, and promoting the specialist VI education sector. The more members we have the stronger that voice will be.
- Please join us, and encourage your colleagues to join if they have not already done so. Through our membership programme we raise funds to continue our work.
VIEW has joined up with RNIB to make a short YouTube film illustrating the role of the QTVI. The film features three members of Norfolk’s Virtual School for Sensory Support talking about their work. Its purpose is to strengthen recruitment of future QTVIs and to enable those about to start training to learn about the role, as well as showing schools and parents how QTVIs can help them. Please make use of it in your work!
RNIB/VIEW factsheet: The Role of the QTVI (Word, 150KB) – share with colleagues, schools and parents to help them understand the role of QTVI as essential for improving outcomes for visually impaired children and young people.
Sep 201916/09/2019 - 16/09/2020: Partners in Learning - Advanced Certificate for education support staff
27/09/2019: Retina UK Professionals Conference
Oct 201909/10/2019: IMPAIRMENT OF VISION DUE TO DISORDERS OF THE VISUAL BRAIN IN CHILDHOOD - A PRACTICAL APPROACH
See all events>>
#VIEW2020 – Conference
- Join the “VIEW Conference, Courses and Events” mailing list to be kept up to date about events relevant to the VI education workforce.
- Conference materials from #VIEW2019 now available from our member homepage
Find out more about our generous sponsors.
As a registered charity, VIEW relies on membership, sponsorship and voluntary donations to ensure that we can continue our work supporting those that work with children and young people with vision impairment. For a low cost fee, you can sponsor VIEW and promote your organisation to our membership – please contact us.
VIEW is a registered charity. Charity number 277864