Whether you are a QTVI or in training, a VI teaching assistant or Habilitation specialist, or work in a role supporting children and young people with vision impairment, by joining VIEW you become a member of the professional membership association for QTVIs, and the wider VI education workforce.
- VIEW is a registered charity, and we exist to help you support the education, development and opportunities of children with vision impairment.
- We are a leading voice representing the interests of children and young people with VI, championing best practice, and promoting the specialist VI education sector. The more members we have the stronger that voice will be.
- Please join us, and encourage your colleagues to join if they have not already done so. Through our membership programme we raise funds to continue our work.
Survey of VI Education workforce – VIEW is involved in a wide range of activities designed to support our members and promote excellence in the education of children and young people with vision impairment. To help shape the development of VIEW, and to ensure we represent your interests – particularly in the current climate of ongoing cuts to SEN budgets in schools and LA education services – we are seeking input through our survey from everyone working with children and young people with VI, whether you are a member of VIEW or not.
VIEW has joined up with RNIB to make a short YouTube film illustrating the role of the QTVI. The film features three members of Norfolk’s Virtual School for Sensory Support talking about their work. Its purpose is to strengthen recruitment of future QTVIs and to enable those about to start training to learn about the role, as well as showing schools and parents how QTVIs can help them. Please make use of it in your work!
RNIB/VIEW factsheet: The Role of the QTVI (Word, 150KB) – share with colleagues, schools and parents to help them understand the role of QTVI as essential for improving outcomes for visually impaired children and young people.
Nov 201801/11/2018 - 01/02/2019: Online course: Understanding visual impairment in children and young people (for professionals and parents)
01/11/2018 - 01/02/2019: Online course: Vision impairment and complex needs in children and young people
28/11/2018: Course: VI, CVI and The Complex Needs Pupil
Dec 201801/12/2018 - 01/02/2019: Online course: Understanding visual impairment in children and young people (for professionals and parents)
01/12/2018 - 01/03/2019: Online course: Vision impairment and complex needs in children and young people
07/12/2018: RNC Open Day
See all events>>
#VIEW2019 – Conference
- We are taking early bird bookings for #VIEW2019!
- Join the “VIEW Conference, Courses and Events” mailing list to be kept up to date about events relevant to the VI education workforce.
- Conference materials from #VIEW2018 now available from our member homepage
Find out more about our generous sponsors.
As a registered charity, VIEW relies on membership, sponsorship and voluntary donations to ensure that we can continue our work supporting those that work with children and young people with vision impairment. For a low cost fee, you can sponsor VIEW and promote your organisation to our membership – please contact us.
VIEW is a registered charity. Charity number 277864