Everyone teaching or supporting learners with vision impairment are welcome to join us – including QTVIs, VI teaching assistants and resource technicians, early years practitioners and students.
VIEW supports you through a range of membership benefits – including opportunities for support, advice, networking, and free professional development resources.
- Join online at our QTVI rate – £60
- All other VI education professionals – join online at our concessionary rate – £40
Your membership of VIEW allows us to support you in your work, representing you, and the interests of children and young people with vision impairment, and promoting the specialist VI education sector.
VIEW provides a voice for the profession with Government including the DfES and the Training and Development Agency and with a variety of other agencies such as RNIB.
When VIEW speaks, it speaks with the voice of the QTVIs and our VI workforce throughout the UK – approximately half are members (membership is for individuals only – we do not have institutional membership) and we are working tirelessly to recruit more of the profession to membership. It is essential that we represent the whole profession and to be able to do so it is vital that individual QTVIs and members of the specialist VI education workforce join and participate.
As a member of our community, you’ll have access to a wealth of resources, including educational materials and networking opportunities. We’re confident that you’ll find these resources valuable and that they’ll help you to connect with others and achieve your personal and professional goals.
Membership of VIEW entitles you to:
- Subscription to our Online Journal for members – VIEW Teach
- Subscription to e-bulletins with the latest news and events
- Job notifications
- Free unit of braille literacy training
- Network of support and information for members – network, share information and gain support from your colleagues
- Discounts on courses: Partners in Learning – Advanced Certificate, Understanding visual impairment in children and young people, and the Effective teaching of literacy through braille
- Discounts on products and events for the specialist VI education workforce
- Discounted fee for VIEW Annual Conference
- Full access to:
• members’ exclusive area of website (including discussion forum)
• Our large on-line resources area, including access to the new “Learning Media Assessment Resource,” frequently updated “shared practice” posts and downloads with teaching ideas, reference materials (e.g. planning documents) contributed by VIEW members, video resources produced by VIEW and partners.
- Voting rights at AGM
- Strengthen the voice of your profession – have your views heard at a range of committees and groups with links to:
DFE (Department for Education)
UKRNIBNLVSI (National Low Vision Services Implementation Group)
NATSIP (National Sensory Impairment Partnership)
Ofqual and exam boards
We champion the specialist support you give to improve the education experience and outcomes of children and young people with vision impairment – from the early years, through school to further and higher education.
Through our membership programme we raise funds to continue our work, so please become a member today.
Join by selecting one of the options below. If you have difficulty with this process, please contact us directly firstname.lastname@example.org