Everyone teaching or supporting learners with vision impairment are welcome to join us – including QTVIs, VI teaching assistants and resource technicians, early years practitioners and students.
VIEW supports you through a range of membership benefits – including opportunities for support, advice, networking, and free professional development resources.
Membership of VIEW entitles you to:
- Subscription to our Enewsletter
- Subscription to e-bulletins with the latest news and events
- Free unit of Braille Literacy Training
- Job notifications
- Network of support and information for members – network, share information and gain support from your colleagues
- Discounts on courses: Partners in Learning – Advanced Certificate, Understanding visual impairment in children and young people, and the Effective teaching of literacy through braille
- Discounts on products and events for the specialist VI education workforce
- Discounted fee for VIEW Annual Conference
- Full access to:
• members’ exclusive area of website
• Our large on-line resources area, including access to the new “Learning Media Assessment Resource,” frequently updated “shared practice” posts and downloads with teaching ideas, reference materials (e.g. planning documents) contributed by VIEW members, video resources produced by VIEW and partners, and back copies of ‘Curriculum Bitesize’
• Opportunity to place advertisements (including jobs) FREE in VIEW adverts section
- Voting rights at AGM
- Strengthen the voice of your profession – have your views heard at a range of committees and groups with links to:
DFE (Department for Education)
UKRNIBNLVSI (National Low Vision Services Implementation Group)
NATSIP (National Sensory Impairment Partnership)
Ofqual and exam boards
We champion the specialist support you give to improve the education experience and outcomes of children and young people with vision impairment – from the early years, through school to further and higher education.
Through our membership programme we raise funds to continue our work, so please become a member today.
Read what our members think about us – member testimonials
Join by selecting one of the options below. If you have difficulty with this process, please contact us directly firstname.lastname@example.org