14th and 15th March 2024
Our 2024 Annual National Conference will bring together leaders and practitioners to share ideas for supporting the education and development of children and young people with vision impairment.
Our aim is to highlight best practice, guidance, practical ideas, and the latest learning from the sector to ensure that each delegate has a valuable learning experience.
Information for delegates
Please note a change from the original advertised venue
New Venue Name: Copthorne Hotel, Merry Hill Copthorne Hotel Merry-Hill Dudley
Address: The Waterfront, Level Street, Brierley Hill, Dudley DY5 1UR
Date and Time: 10.00am Thursday 14 March – 3.00pm Friday 15 March 2024.
New bookings: booking is now closed.
We are delighted that we already have the following exciting sessions lined up:
- Clinical psychologist, Dr. Ian McCubbin – Ian has supported many children with progressive vision loss and their families
- Professor Jugnoo Rahi, Professor of Ophthalmic Epidemiology and Honorary Consultant Ophthalmologist, GOS UCL Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street Hospital.
- Dr Jessica Hayton, Lecturer in Psychology; and Programme Leader: Graduate Diploma in Habilitation and Disabilities of Sight at UCL Institute of Education
- Associate Professor Melissa Fanshawe, School of Education at University of Southern Queensland, and trained teacher of students with blindness and low vision
- Dr Louise Allen, Consultant Paediatric Ophthalmologist, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge and Affiliated Associate Professor, University of Cambridge
- Chloe Joyner, Founder, Usher Kids UK; Bhavna Tailor, Co-founder and CEO of Stargardts Connected
Kindly Sponsored by….