Date(s) - 01/04/2021 - 01/05/2021
This online self-study course – “understanding visual impairment in children and young people” – is designed to support the training needs of professionals and parents in order to improve the quality of learning opportunities available to children and young people with visual impairment.
There is no fixed start or finish date – students can work through the material at their own speed.
The content is drawn mainly from existing material used in RNIB’s ‘Partners in Learning’ course. It is intended for people who wish to gain an overview of the issues without studying in the depth required by Partners in Learning.
Key features of the course:
- Designed to support professionals and parents to improve the quality of learning opportunities available to children and young people with vision impairment
- You set your own pace
- Delivered online
- Includes assessment activities leading to a VIEW certificate
The course uses a number of learning approaches:
• an online programme consisting of structured activities including self-study activities, discussion forums and scenario based tasks
• a structured portfolio for students to complete.
• online reference information and links to further material
• assessment is via a computer based test at the end of each unit and submission of completed portfolio.
The course is intended to take around 50 hours of study to complete. There is no fixed start or finish date – students can work through the material at their own speed.
To apply email: email@example.com