Information for education professionals
We are working with RNIB, NatSIP (www.natsip.org.uk/) and other sensory impairment charities to support you during the Covid 19 crisis.
Image created by Sophie Cane.
Safe return to school premises
VIEW, together with RNIB and other partners and practitioners, are collating responses from across the sector on protocols, guidance, risk assessments around the safe return to the school premises.
- Return to school information – this page houses documents that have been shared with VIEW and our partners, as well as guidance from The Department of Education
Advice and support
- The Council for Disabled Children FAQ – SEND support during the Coronavirus pandemic
This FAQ shares questions sent into the CDCQuestions@ncb.org.uk email inbox.
Each week the questions received are collated and shared with the Department for Education (DfE) as well as colleagues with specific areas of expertise within CDC.
- Coronavirus information on VI forum. Not a member? Join here.
- Advice and support to professionals is now live on the following page: www.rnib.org.uk/educationprofessionals
- RNIB CYPF Education team is available as usual to support you with advice and information, telephone 0303 123 9999 or email: email@example.com titled “how we can help.”
Information from NDCS
A lot of the following content is applicable to VI children and young people
- https://www.ndcs.org.uk/blog/coronavirus-and-support-for-deaf-children-information-for-professionals/ – frequently updated information around school closures, and children with EHC plans/statements.
- https://www.ndcs.org.uk/blog/coronavirus-and-support-for-deaf-children-information-for-families/ – information for parents