Information for education professionals
We are working with RNIB, NatSIP (www.natsip.org.uk/) and other sensory impairment charities to support you during the Covid 19 crisis.
Image created by Sophie Cane.
COVID 19 VIEW survey of VI education workforce
We hope that the key findings from the survey that VIEW has presented to the Education Select Committee inquiry will lead to changes that will enable more resilience and flexibility to be built into the system of VI education, to the long term benefit of children and young people with VI.
Download the findings here:
- How support for children and young people with VI is being provided during the Covid-19 schools shutdown
Safe return to school premises
VIEW, together with RNIB and other partners and practitioners, are collating responses from across the sector on protocols, guidance, risk assessments around the safe return to the school premises.
- Return to school information – this page houses documents that have been shared with VIEW and our partners, as well as guidance from The Department of Education
Advice and support
- Education Financial Hardship Grant – Teaching Staff Trust provides financial support to people working (or who have retired from working) in education of under-19s for five years or more.
- The Council for Disabled Children FAQ – SEND support during the Coronavirus pandemic. FAQ shares questions sent into the CDCQuestions@ncb.org.uk email inbox. The questions received are collated and shared with the Department for Education (DfE) as well as colleagues with specific areas of expertise within CDC.
- Coronavirus information on VI forum. Not a member? Join here.
- Advice and support to professionals is now live on the following page: www.rnib.org.uk/educationprofessionals
- RNIB CYPF Education team is available as usual to support you with advice and information, telephone 0303 123 9999 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org titled “how we can help.”
Information from NDCS
A lot of the following content is applicable to VI children and young people
- https://www.ndcs.org.uk/blog/coronavirus-and-support-for-deaf-children-information-for-professionals/ – frequently updated information around school closures, and children with EHC plans/statements.
- https://www.ndcs.org.uk/blog/coronavirus-and-support-for-deaf-children-information-for-families/ – information for parents